Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
A Child in Missouri is abused or neglected every hour. Three children die each day from abuse or neglect in the United States.
Kappa Delta Sorority at Stephens College will host an Annual Shamrock 5K Run/Walk
April 14, 2011
The Run/Walk starts at 12 Noon
At Stephens Lake Park
The registration fee is $20 for preregistration and $25 day of race, while at the Shamrock event there will be a 5K Run & a Kids Fun Run. There will be free face painting! A speaker from Kids First will also be raising awareness about child abuse and neglect.
80% of the proceeds collected will remain in Missouri, benefiting Kids First. The remaining 20% will go to Prevent Child Abuse America, the sorority's national philanthropy, for nationwide public awareness programs. The sorority will join thousands of Kappa Delta's across the country to raise funds to benefit local affiliates and chapters of PCA America.
Day of race: Important Information
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the race to check-in.
The Kids Run will begin at 1:00pm.
Child (12 & under), Senior Citizen, KD Alumnae
Pre-registration- $10, Day of- $15
We will be offering an area for participants' children to stay while participating in the run. We will have the wonderful ladies of our chapter watching your children with many fun activities for them.